How Long I Have Been On My Journey







Thursday, July 12, 2012

Entrepreneur in the Making!!!

Entrepreneur...it is a long word. With this long word comes so much work, ambitions, big dreams and wishes of bigger successes. I, Alexis, want to become an entrepreneur. What is my speciality. I have always been that person who loves doing things with my hands, love making things, love showcasing my things.Why not let that be my job?

When I was in college, I could hardly do my work from thinking of things to make: jewelry, clothes, bags, paintings, drawings, etc. Whatever came to my head, I was willing to try it. Sadly, my collections is extremely limited, due to the fact that I gave away entirely TOO much of my goodies. But I am going to bring it all back. I am not only going to make this available for my friends and family. I am going to make my things available for whomever. That is why I have decided to make my online accessory store. The store is actually in the making. I have a website. I have a couple of items listed. However, I want this site perfect for my customers. I want everyone to be able to move from one page to another with ease and without confusion. That is what I have been working on, smoothing out all the kinks. Also, I have yet to trademark my name. Until, then I am keeping the name of the store a secret until I get that straightened out. I have stated before that I want the official store opening to be September 30th. I have a long list of other things that I am trying to accomplish before that date. Nothing says get it done like a due date. I have to trademark the name, have the website functional, have a blog to go along with the store at least five to ten products on there buy JULY 31-AUGUST 1. WHOO! That is coming up on me fast.

Why am I doing all of this? I come from an area where I see people come up with ideas and/or are good with their hands, but they do not seem to have the fight in them to make it into something. Some of these same people are sitting in the same spot wondering "What if ?" I wish that person would have got her own hair salon, or that guy opened a barber shop. I wish he would opened a mechanic shop or this girl open her own housing cleaning business. I support small businesses. Don't get me wrong. There have been a few things opened in my area by young men and women. I am extremely proud of these people. I wish more can step up and stand out from the crowd.

The negativity is like a knife through butter, to me. I once told someone that I wanted to start this business with accessories. She told me that no one would buy my things because of this and that. I don't even remember the exact reasons. It just hurt for her to tell me that it was not going to work so I rather just go to school and do something that is realistic. It was like someone ripped my soul out. However, I got over it. Why? Because she told me to do something realistic. I am. I applied for school. I am about to start getting my masters, soon. I save money. That's realistic, also. I also dream. That is something that actually happen. So, I am dreaming about my business and I am in the process of making my business, which is also my dream, a reality. This is why my business has been MY BUSINESS. Catch my drift? I do not tell anyone a thing, because I do not want their input right now. I do not need pointers. I do not need naysayers. I do not need anything. I want to get it on my own. If I fail, then I fail. But my dream is not to become rich from it, but only to be able to say that I was able to get me an online store off the ground. Here, I am telling you exactly what I want to do and here, I am about to work on things going into my store right now. So, I am signing off. But you continue to dream. Because dreams are step one to a reality.
#myhustle #diylover #businessowner

No comments:

Post a Comment