How Long I Have Been On My Journey







Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Quick update!

So, I have received my official letter stating that I have been accepted into grad school. #excited!!!!! So I cannot wait until I start that in January. I will begin my journey into counseling/psychology ASAP. I have learned that I do not have to do any interning with it, so I am much more excited about it, because internships prolong school. I am ready to become more and more educated. I have also received word that I need to send my graduate score off to this school, so I am going to get on the ball with that, lol. I am going to have to send my transcript to this community college in which I am taking additional classes from so that I can continue my education in the health profession. So, I am going to get all of this squared away soon. Hurricane Isaac has stopped me in my tracks, so I have found myself writing this blog to update everyone on what is going. I have not found a job in my field, but I have returned to my job back the school. I am a student worker, assisting children with tutoring and after school activities. Yay, children, not! But it is a job, so I have no complaints. I only get paid once a month, so I am going to start saving money because, ONE - I want to start christmas shopping early; TWO - I want to vist my boyfriend in a few months; THREE - I want to start making yearly payments towards my student loans. I have other things that I would like, a new hood dryer and hair products and clothes and shoes, but I am going to hold off so that I can pay for what I really need.  OH! Also, I am going to have to pay for community college classes out of the pocket plus gas. So, yea. I do not feel productive because I am not in school this semester. I do not feel like a student. I do not feel like me because I am always reading and studying and learning. Well, I have decided to use this free time to do three things hopefully: ONE - to work full time so that I can put on my resume that I have officially worked full time on my resume, TWO - to do some type of volunteer work somewhere, THREE - to learn Spanish. Ok, about learning spanish; I have decided to make my resume stand out by using this entire semester to learn Spanish. I feel like by putting this on my resume by December, I will stand out when applying to jobs because I will be bilingual. The thought came to me when I had to take my father to a doctor's appointment. There were two people in the waiting room who did not feel comfortable talking about their issues in English because they did not feel like they could elaborate well in English. So a Spanish speaking nurse was brought out to the waiting room and assisted the ailing men with well-detailing their issues and all. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't I stand out on an application and resume by saying that I can speak English?" So here I am, I am a week into my lessons and I feel like I am doing a great job. Think about your futures. Ask yourself, "How can I stand out?" Maybe you already have what you need. I don't, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment